Weather in Langley
#CUPE 403...Helping Make the Community a Better Place #union #canlab
Dear CUPE 403 members.
Something we have not addressed very often (or very publicly), is CUPE 403's willingness to provide financial support for important events or endevours within our community.
Not only is such financial support deeply appreciated by the groups and/or individuals who receive it, it is an investment in the community that helps enrich it and those around us.
We thought it time to provide an overview of what (or who) some of your union dues have gone towards assisting over the past 1 ½ years.
It is a broad and varied list of community activities and events in which all members may take credit. They are as follows:
- BC Senior Games Sponsor
- BC Special Olympics Sponsor
- Royal Canadian Legion - annual sponsor for Military Service Recognition book
- Aldergrove Neighborhood Service - annual sponsor for Summer Activity Calendar
- TOL Lifeguard Competition - sponsor for annual competition
- Langley Fine Arts - sponsor for Girls Conference
- Triple A Langley Senior Housing Workshop - event sponsor
- Families for Justice donation
- BC Cancer Society Fundraiser donation
- Alzheimer’s Society fundraiser donation
- Langley Food Bank donation
- Langley Christmas Bureau donation
- Dry Grad Donations to numerous Langley Secondary Schools
Thank you to the membership in helping make our community a better place to live, work, and play.
The Executive of CUPE 403
UPDATE 2.0: Retro Pay Timeline Issue
To all members of CUPE 403.
As many of you are aware, Township employees have been advised that the task of providing retroactive pay to employees is a mammoth task and could potentially take many months (ie. late fall).
UPDATE: On June 19th CUPE 403 representatives Paul Albrecht (President) and Mario Fruttarol (1st VP) met with Township representatives Mark Bakken (Administrator) and Hilary Tsikayi (Director of Finance) to discuss the issue of retro pay.
Paul and Mario were encouraged to hear that the Employer intends to review the situation and get back to the Union with some answers.
UPDATE 2.0: The Employer has indicated to the Union (best case scenario) that retro pay will be issued sooner than the original stated time frame of "late fall".
Potentially, starting in August sometime, different groups will start receiving their retro pay. As there is such a wide range of employee types, the retro will be done in groups:
- regular full-time and regular part-time
- employees on various types of leave (including WCB)
- auxiliary employees
- employees who have retired or resigned.
The Executive of CUPE 403